Posted in: Archive
Clearly someone at Google are using their heads. No sooner than Windows 8 is out the door, there is a dedicated marketing campaign to putting Google back front and centre as the default search provider in Windows. The Landing Page domain takes visitors to a quirky video (with the ever so appropriate Jackson 5 hit music ‘I want you back‘ as the background theme).
The dedicated Windows app that this domain links you to has a number of features for the Windows 8 platform, namely:
- Google Search box – Type your search right from the app home screen, so you can find the answers you need more quickly.
- Voice Search – Use your microphone to ask Google anything and see the answer instantly.
- Search Charm – By installing the Google Search app, you can easily access Google from the Search Charm.
- Instant previews mode – Browse search results without having to visit each page.
- View Your Searches – Swipe from the top to see the sites you visited most recently, categorised by keyword.
- Google Apps page – Access all your favourite Google products from within the app with just the tap of an icon.
- Google Instant – No need to press Enter – see results instantly as you type.